Contest has ended
I finally finished it!! You guys better love me lol! It took me about 3 billion hours to complete this one 😀 I am going to have a really hard time parting with it……..but what the heck, let’s open the contest!
Let’s see, the run down of what you will be getting (if you win)
*1 Dollhouse in apple green and ivory with Paper Studio checkerboard floor and Anna Griffin pink damask floor
*2 beds complete with wool felt pillows and Joel Dewberry damask “quilts”
*1 bedside table with Amy Butler “Seed Fabric” drawers and “Bag O Buttons” drawer pulls
*1 table with Amy Butler “Seed Fabric” table cloth
*2 girl dolls, one with brown hair and a pink Sandi Henderson “Henna” dress and one with blonde hair and a lilac Amy Butler “Ginger Bliss” dress.
**All items have been sanded, sealed, painted and varnished with non toxic items. The wall art however was attached with E-6000 glue which is not non toxic. I figured that no one would be sticking their face into the house and licking the paintings. If your child would do that PLEASE monitor while they play. All pieces are not suitable for children under 3 since they could be a choking hazard. I can’t be held responsible for any accidents. Please use your best judgment when entering the contest (if they would be best for your children).
Ok, the ways to enter. I am going give more options with this giveaway. Each one you complete will give you entries!
1. Enter in the comments. Give your name and a way to contact you.
2. Blog about the giveaway. This one will give you 2 extra entries! Link people here to this blog. Come back here and post in the comments your blog address and say you blogged about it. I will add the second one in the comments for you.
3.Email friends and family about this giveaway. This one will give you 2 extra entries! Please add me to the email joomoolynn at yahoo dot com. You need to include your name in the email so I can add the entries for you in the comments.
Ok, now for the pictures! 🙂
The Whole Thing
Ok, start entering 😀 The contest will go until Jan 6th 9 p.m. est and the winner will be chosen at random from random.org and announced on Jan. 7th. I am going to open this up to everyone no matter where you live, but, if you live outside the US please know that I cannot track and confirm your delivery. It really bugs me but that is the way the cookie crumbles.
If you want to make your own here is how you do it.
You will need the following things.
1. Dollhouse CD case sold at Michaels Crafts. Comes with the chimney, windows, rooms. All you need to do is paint!
2. Go HERE and download the template that I made for the floor. You can print onto the paper directly on the back or print and cut it out and then trace. Up to you!
3. Various wooden pieces to construct furniture. I bought all of mine at Michaels but I am sure that most craft shops would have something you could use! I bought flat rectangles for the bed and small rounded edge rectangles for the headboards. I used little knobs found in the same section for the legs on the beds. For the table I used 1″ blocks and a round flat disc sold at Michaels. I also used a disc for the wall art and rectangle as well. For the fridge and the stove I used more 1″ blocks.
4. Little wooden dolls. I found boys at Michaels and girls at Joann’s. There is also a store online that I found with great prices called Craft Parts
5. Scrapbook paper for the floors, tablecloth, drawers and wall art. I used Amy Butler and Anna Griffin but you can find tons of options!
6. Sealant, Varnish, Sandpaper, Wood Glue, Paint Brushes, Acrylic Paints, Modge Podge, etc. I was able to find all of these things at Michaels and was able to get them all non toxic.
Seal everything. Twice. Paint everything as desired. Add paper with Modge Podge. Go over with sealant again. Twice. Go over everything with varnish. Add layers until you are satisfied. That’s it! It is super easy, just time consuming waiting for the stuff to dry and painting. I just did it in little bits throughout the day. A coat here, a coat there. Not bad at all. In fact so much fun!!
Ok, that’s it! Tell your friends! Enter!! Goodnight!